Monday, August 27, 2007

Podcasting

Thing 21

Everyone, everywhere, everything has a podcast these days. If you need to know how to do something, you can find out how to do it by listening to someone tell you all about it via their podcast. I was introduced to an Australian guy (or at least to his podcast) when I was confused about how to work this software that I'd recently installed. The fact that I still can't work the software is absolutely no reflection on the quality of that Aussie fellow's podcast. His accent only enhanced the instruction. Or maybe that was the problem. Those were my first podcasts, actually. I learned about Odeo, Podcast pickle, Podcast Alley, and the whole podcast gang of characters. Make sure you have a fast connection (a recurring theme for me, one day it'll happen for me at home). When I tried to learn about the whole Adobe Audition software while listening to the podcast at home, it was astoundingly painful--a word or two at a time as I struggled to piece it all together. That, more than anything else, is responsible I'm sure for my not "getting" the software. Oh well, another day.

No comments: