Thursday, June 21, 2007

This is only a test

Things 1 & 2


The 7 1/2 Habits--my favorite one is probably step 7 1/2, because it's the most fun. Life, however, can't be all play so there's more to say about it.

Initially when looking over the list I thought, Well, I'm great at each and every step; it's quite possible that I'm the best lifelong learner that's ever been. I closed my eyes for a second and saw the awards and statuettes coming my way, the ceremonies, the gift bags. But, since I'm such a great learner I made myself read the list again and actually Reflect On What It Means To Me.

Something I enjoy, even though it can be occassionally time-consuming and frustrating, is dealing with problems that arise during the learning process. I've learned some important things when certain other things go wrong. Step 3, then, gets a thumbs up.

On the ol' other hand, though, I tend to not have enough confidence in myself as a learner. It really depends on what the subject is, but if it's something I've decided I'm not so good at then I automatically assume it's going to take me a long time to learn. That would mean it's the step I need to work on. Step right up.

2 comments:

folksnake said...

"...Well, I'm great at each and every step; it's quite possible that I'm the best lifelong learner that's ever been..."

I swear I thought the same thing, but on reflection, I agree with you. You're better.

Peacemaker said...

Thanks Tara for initiating my nubile blog -- you were the first to deposit a comment. Love your pictures, wit, and music -- cool "my space" too!